View Single Post
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Yuusuke (Offline)
Banned!

12-12-2009, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by duo797 View Post
Someone else correct me if I'm wrong but I believe 仕事 is a job as in a full time job, and I got the feeling that you were a student.

You should avoid using pronouns like 'he' and 'she' as a beginner, because your instinct will be to use it any time we would in english. I'm sure it's used sometimes, but you definitely don't need it here. I would've said コウといいます。 'She is called Koh'. I believe that 私の名前はディです pattern is just a basic way you're taught to introduce yourself as a foreigner that is never really used by native speakers.

背が高くておもしろくてかわいいです。
You had a decent sized spelling error for おもしろい

I can't tell you how to say 'born and raised' because I'm not sure and I think it's more of a set phrase in english.

In the final sentence, the を you're using marks a direct object. There is no direct object in your sentence and there doesn't need to be one. I can't say I've ever seen を used with the verb 来る。 I might just say 'Last year, she came to america.' 去年アメリカに来ました。

Good luck writing your story, I hope I've helped.
Thank you. I've forgotten a lot from japanese class.

and i was trying to say for おもしろい i was trying to list adjectives to describe her instead of using と over and over again.

I did forget the use of some particles.