View Single Post
(#63 (permalink))
Old
Salvanas (Offline)
Great, just my luck.

12-13-2009, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excessum View Post
It's like The Matrix... a world on it's own, in order to understand which, you do need to see it for yourself.
It's a very mature game (I reckon that the average player age is in the late 20s), with great deal of game-play based on player interactions and your own communication skills... There's a lot of backstabbing, espionage between player-run corporations and alliances, griefing and a crapload of flying spaceships and blowing stuff up. It's really not an easy task to explain it all in just a couple of sentences, since it differs so much from your average wow/lineage-clone.
Here's a fairly well written review of EVE.

But beware, if you choose to try it, get ready to spend hours upon hours on doing tutorials and reading guides, since it has a killer learning curve... so yeah, it's definitely not as casual as wow and alike.
I tried out EVE, it was interesting and all, and it seems that it has a really good mid game and end game content, yet getting passed the first few hours killed me. The combat (if any) seemed to be very slow, and dull.

Think I might go and try Age of Conan again sometime soon :P That was a hilariously good game.

AS for Dota and WCIII and those type of things. Done and dusted.

Anyone played Rome Total War out there? I'm thinking of a game which requires me to use the terrain, and the different strategies to win in battle. Since I'm REALLY into strategy. Mass strategy.

- “I've been lucky. I'll be lucky again.” -