View Single Post
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Fallyn (Offline)
New to JF

All About Resident Evil A.K.A. Biohazard - 12-14-2009, 05:37 AM

So I've been playing Resident Evil ever since the first game was released and have noticed quite a few changes and I'm not just talking about the graphics. I do appreciate the change from club like hands to actually fingers. Thank you Capcom. But I've also felt like the true story of Resident Evil isn't really there anymore. Like it died out pretty much after the 3 or 4th game and by the 5th game it really wasn't the Resident Evil we known and come to love.

The T-virus disappeared as well as the G-virus, Umbrella fell apart as talked about. And then soon too the zombies disappeared replaced along with the gore, the dark rooms in freaky mansions with the best music ever, the typewriters and files that were at times sadistic or sad diaries that pulled you into a deeper conspiracy. Sure we have the characters but it's like there past seems sort of forgotten as well as the others who survived but we've never heard of ever again. Rebecca, Billy, Barry, Sherry Birkin, Ada after RE4, Carlos etc.. These peeps made the games what they were too no matter how great Chris and Jill may be. And of course Wesker too.

Did I mention the lack of gore and blood which seemed so apparent before?
I don't know it may be me, if it is oh well, but it seems Resident Evil is losing it's Evil and becoming just another one of those shooters. -shudders-

Let me know what you think, I know there are other RE fans out there, come out come out wherever you are...>.>

“Death does not concern us, because as long as we exist, death is not here. And when it does come, we no longer exist.” ~Epicurus