View Single Post
(#8 (permalink))
Old
PockyMePink (Offline)
=\

Send a message via MSN to PockyMePink
01-01-2010, 02:36 AM

I'm not an expert, but I know that this will not help you one bit.

Quote:
I mean if someone writes 40,000 english sentences.. they are bound to understand it right?
No, actually. Copying something doesn't mean you learn it.

It's like tracing something...it doesn't make you an artist, no matter how many times you can trace it. After the two hundreth time of tracing it, sure, you might be able to draw it from habit, but that's all you can do. It doesn't mean you know what makes that piece of art what it is (ex. if it's a person, tracing it doesn't mean you know anything about body porportions and the human figure), nor does it mean you can draw anything else other than that.

Writing a sentence doesn't mean you know what each word means, the grammar structure, etc. It just means you can write a sentence - not understand or comprehend it, but just write it, in its exact form.

Writing the entire compesition of a notebook full of kanji will not magically help you learn anything. Sure, you might get used to the writing style, but even then, if all you're doing is copying from manga, you'll probably end up writing very sloppy and picking up bad habits (ex. bad stroke order).

This is not a bold and brave task. This is lazy work, and it's a no brainer. It's pointless unless you have something else helping you....but I have the feeling that you don't.