View Single Post
(#122 (permalink))
Old
Aniki (Offline)
JF's Road Roller

01-05-2010, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megabyte117 View Post
Am I the only one who greatly disliked the series? I found the cutesy animation coupled with the excessive gore and nudity to be quite jarring. Then the harem-esque aspects, and the main character being generally a nuisance to watch (as Nyu). I have to admit to not being particularly impressed with the ending either; all the loose ends and then them trying to make the viewer sympathetic towards Lucy just didn't work for me at all. A fairly disappointing show aside from the wonderful soundtrack.
You're not the only one on this side of the battle field.

I can't say I greatly disliked the series, but I do find them disappointing. After watching the first two episodes I wanted to stop and forget the series, but decided to see though to the end. I can't think any anime right now that could have such terrible prologue. The gore didn't bother me at all (it was even funny in some scenes), on the other hand the nudity was too excessive, for instance Nanas and Marikos battle, having her clothes all torn apart and getting all nude - that really wasn't necessary.
To me the biggest annoyance was the way humans were portrayed as if everyone in the world is cold-hearted. From macho mercenary who likes beating women, to scientists who conduct experiment the cruellest way, the sadist kids beating up the dog for fun, ending with people on the street who glare and bad-mouth. Of course when everyone is like that the main characters all look like angels, and because of that they where hardly likeable to me (except for Mayu and Kurama). I'm sure if the series were extended to 26 episodes, with more detail to Lucy's, Kohta's and others it would get the praise it truly deserves.

Last edited by Aniki : 01-05-2010 at 04:59 PM.