Thread: Bayonetta
View Single Post
(#15 (permalink))
Old
Tyrien (Offline)
I'm e-vincible.

01-13-2010, 12:10 AM

This is a really good game. I've been binging on it for the past few days, well actually every day since I purchased it on the 5th.

The story is actualy pretty good, but it's apparent the developers crammed in more story than the game could handle for it's length. There's a massive world and quite a bit of lore for this game. After its experienced start to finish loose ends start to make sense and it wraps up to be a great story.

The best part of this game is the combat, and all the weapon combinations that are possible. There's a huge variety too. Not a massive amount, but more than the average action adventure. This includes shotguns, massive claws, bazookas, a whip, hand guns, ice skates, and even a lightsaber.

There's plenty of content to unlock, such as; weapon specific appearances (Ex: If you buy the ice skate one she will have an angel feather band on her head, and a figure skater skirt on only while the skates are equipped), full costumes, accessories, characters, weapons, and even a hidden stage.

Anyone can play the game. Easy and very easy mode come with automatic play. This is a literal button mash; the game will do all the work for you. There's also normal, hard, and "infinite climax" to unlock. Infinite Climax mode disables witch time. Witch will speed up your attacks, and slow down enemies for a set amount of time when you time a dodge properly.

There's an accessory system in the game to farther customize play style. Two can be used at once. This includes things like disabling witch time, but dropping an explosive blast when dodging instead, or entering witch time temporarily at the cost of magic when you take damage.

Unlike most action adventure games Bayonetta does not have free roaming enemies. Bayonetta has something it likes to call verses. Each verse has a set number of enemies based on the difficulty level being played under. At the end of a verse a medal is awarded. The medal grade is determined by 3 factors: Combo points, Time, and damage taken. The medal is an average of the 3. Get all platinum and a pure platinum is awarded. The medals through the level average for a final trophy for the level.

More details I could go on about, but I think it's a great game.

Tyrien.DeviantArt~
As of 08/11/2008 5:33 PM Eastern Standard time I now officially own:
Miyavi, Kyo, Yuusuke, Maya, Gou, Aki, Aoi, Jun, Yusa, Jui, Key, Heechul, Yesung, Riku, Kei, Jyou, Satoshi, Takeru, Sin, Teddyloid, ♀Yooh♂, Reo, Tomoya, Tatsuro, Hitsugi, Kyoharu, Takanori Nishikawa, Jay Chou, Hirokai, Die, Kaoru, Shinya, and Toshiya.