View Single Post
(#21 (permalink))
Old
Spanishman (Offline)
New to JF

01-29-2010, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleGoetz View Post
No, I think your English was clear. It's just that we get so many people here who want names in kanji, which isn't usually possible, that it is basically instinctive to assume everyone asking your question is asking for that.

It is clear you understand that you aren't getting (or asking for) "Axel in Japanese." Rather, you're getting something with the same meaning as the name.

The "father" in "father of peace" is God, correct? In the Lord's prayer, "father" is translated as 父, which is literally "father."

Peace is 平和. So I would also say 平和の父, although it looks weird and I think it would look even weirder on your arm. I would get the same feeling from seeing that as I would seeing "padre de paz" on your arm. Is this what you want? It will just look weird to anyone who can read it, and it won't mean anything to anyone who doesn't speak Japanese.

Essentially, you're seeking to get a tattoo that no one will associate with your son. In fact, Japanese speakers will probably assume you think you are talking about yourself with the tattoo.
Are you telepatic?? Because your say exactly what i'm thinking!!!!
Your' right with all of your words and that is exactly what I want. I know already that people who can read the kanji will think that I'm talking about me. By the way, what are this simbol's meaning > の ?? of??

By the way, in my right arm I have already a tattoo with the meaning (I hope it ) from my first son. Can you say me if it will mean somethink??

MMM, your right. It's not so easy to translate some sentences to other language and I thank your really for your help and participation in the Thread

And finnaly, KyleGoetz, this Kanji > アヘル did it have some meaning???