(#3 (permalink))
Old
Tyrien (Offline)
I'm e-vincible.

01-30-2010, 02:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzulieAngel View Post
Why don't you tell us what it is about?
I have never heard of Akira and if it interest's me then i might consider learning more about it!
Uhm nutshell from the movie. Someone else is more than free to pick up the slack.

The japanese government did research into a god gene and eventually made a breakthrough when splicing it into humans, however this caused a catastrophy to occur and wiped out a large portion of Tokyo. The story takes place in the future, or "neo tokyo".

One of the test subjects breaks free and gets into an accident with the younger brother of a member of a bike gang. Their genes fuse for one reason or another and he begins to develop powers such as flight, telekinetic abilities, and super strength.

Eventually the power takes control of oh him and he destroys himself, and almost takes down neo tokyo with him. It's a bit of a stand off at the end and blah blah blah emotion.

ANYWAY

I haven't read the comics and have little interest in doing so. I own the DVD of the original 1988 anime film. I don't find the story that interesting, the only reason I own the DVD is because I fell in love with the animation detail. The entire thing has been rendered by hand; frame by frame.

Unless there is going to be another movie that has been hand rendered, or in the very least computer rendered to emulate the style of hand single frame rendering, then I feel the story should live as history and not present.

Tyrien.DeviantArt~
As of 08/11/2008 5:33 PM Eastern Standard time I now officially own:
Miyavi, Kyo, Yuusuke, Maya, Gou, Aki, Aoi, Jun, Yusa, Jui, Key, Heechul, Yesung, Riku, Kei, Jyou, Satoshi, Takeru, Sin, Teddyloid, ♀Yooh♂, Reo, Tomoya, Tatsuro, Hitsugi, Kyoharu, Takanori Nishikawa, Jay Chou, Hirokai, Die, Kaoru, Shinya, and Toshiya.