View Single Post
(#61 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

02-06-2010, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle View Post
I'm not so sure about that... in many Muslim countries, and other very religious countries, it's taught that sex before marriage is "bad and evil". Teenage pregnancies are a rarity and it's not because the kids are religious, it's because they actually fear the idea and believe it is BAD and EVIL to do anything with a girl until you're married!
Point well taken, noodle. I thought about talking about people seriously dedicated to their religions as the general exception to that rule. That is a situation where the power of the religion can be a greater influence than the power of biological urges. Certainly religions that require a high degree of dedication, like Catholic and Muslim beleifs have a better score card than the secular world in that respect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamKira View Post
well, i believe you are mistaken when you talk about it being a emotional ordeal,.. to help prove my point i am going to ask a general question

what if you grew up in a society where there were only kids your age... there is abundant food supply etc. but everyone has to figure stuff out via experience. there are no adults telling everyone how the world works... you still get sexual desires at the same general age that you did in your own life... but, there has never been anyone to tell you why you get them, if there is something wrong with them, or that you shouldn't act on them. would you feel bad about having sex at the age of thirteen?... i can tell you the answer to that now.. no,.. the answer comes because you wouldn't be able to tell how old you were at any given time.
you would be left to natures clock. so, basically, would you feel emotional turbulence over sex if you had been raised by wolves

you would act on natural impulses ... and i would find it disturbing if someone were to try to convince me that nature does not cut it; that we need religious or governmental institutions to tell us our behavioral traits
you know what happens when humans think they can do better than nature?... we get drugs that make diseases stronger... pesticides that make pests more tolerant.. in the end we get Jurassic park
What a bizarre question to raise.

You say "13" like that is the age when people sexually mature. We know it is younger than that...for girls 10 or 11, genrally, and for boys about 12. For some even earlier. If you think nature rules...then let's use nature's numbers.

But yes, if raised like wolves people would act like wolves. Not only would they probably be having sexual relations of some kind or another at pre-teen times, but they are also going to attack rivals, fight over food and mates, and males will probably ignore thier offspring. If that is good enough for you, fine, but I prefer modern society.