(#241 (permalink))
Old
AoshiShinomori (Offline)
I wuvs Rikku the most! <3

Send a message via MSN to AoshiShinomori
04-02-2007, 04:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanji_The_Wanderer View Post
oh! DMC3 (Devil May Cry3) was the best one so far. The 4th one looks awesome as well. If you know Shino-kun, can you tell me if Vergil is playable? And if so, how do you acquire him?
Oops Kanji-san! I completely forgot about this thread and just saw this message... Sorry

Vergil isn't playable in the ordinary DMC3 games. DMC3 came out with a special edition where Vergil is also a character. However, even in the special edition, you need to defeat the game with Dante first before being allowed to choose vergil as your character.

Interestingly, while Dante had many styles (Trickster, Gunslinger, etc.) Vergil has only one style called "Darkslayer". Vergil has no guns (obviously) but he can summon swords and the number of swords you summon can be upgraded based on red orbs (just like you upgrade Dante's guns).

Vergil also carries all his weapons all the time so there is no question of seeking out a statue to replace weapons. Vergil only has a fixed set of weapons that are non-replacable throughout. However, the weapons he has are cool enough to whip anyones behind in the game (Dante included ). Vergil carries yamato, beowulf and Force Edge (Sparda's sword that Vergil gets from the demon realm). You cycle through these three using the R2 button as usual.

A lot of special moves exist but they are the ones that you fight against when you play dante, like judgement cut from yamato and others. Its interesting to note that you can also invoke summoned swords to be a shield or to attack your opponent. Doing so however, uses up some of your devil meter.

Its reasonably old by now so you should be able to lay your hands on a used copy for less than 20 bucks. I'd highly recommend you try it because vergil's moves are really powerful and although it takes some getting used to, once you get the hang of it you'll really feel vergil's power. It takes pretty much just half the time to finish off your opponents and the yamato jump cancel moves are pretty good!

Hope that helps and I hope you get a chance to try it

Omae mo kanjite no ka... kaze no koe?