View Single Post
(#37 (permalink))
Old
Columbine (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

02-11-2010, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yumyumtimtam View Post
thank you... but I need to be good... cos I teach English here in Japan... but I still make a lot of mistakes...so I really have to be serious about this, but I am too lazy!
I'm interested in teaching too, but I want to teach adults, I think. I'd like to try working in Japan, only it's difficult to find a job. Have you heard of AEON? I'm wondering if I should apply...

Quote:
oh sounds like you like cooking!
I have a lisence teaching home economics, but I am not good at cooking and I don't really like cooking... Im lucky cos people around me, they are good at it and cook for me!

Hope you like that nori!
I do! My mother is a really good cook and she taught me most things. I like to cook a lot of asian food.

Quote:
Yes, I liked it too much and I put +14 kg when I was in Australia.
I love Timtams, but my favourite is chotolate&mint biscuits... I can't find any in Japan...
Oh by the way, what's the difference between cookie and biscuit?
I saw timtams for sale at an import store in Osaka so I bought some for my australian friend. She was really pleased. Shame you can't find any chocolate mint ones though. They sound good.

It's hard to say what the difference is. In the UK, cookies are always soft and chewy and biscuits hard and crisp, but in America Oreo's are called cookies and they're hard. Sometimes too, "biscuits" in america are more like a kind of bread, but that's what we'd call a 'scone' in england. :/ It's all rather confusing.

Quote:
I see.
In Japan, I think...many people have their toaster ovens (In Japanese,Oven-toaster)... I use it for toasting bread of course but also for "もちmochi"

oh, I want to ask you about microwave ovens.
I heard some people call it just "microwave"... do you call it like that or "microwave oven"?
In Japanese we call it 電子レンジ(microwave range).
and it's called レンジ for short. (is "for short" right English?)
I used a toaster oven in Japan. It's quite clever how some people can use them to bake cakes and all sorts of things. I was amazed. I just made toast in it and heated up bento. Toasted mochi are great!

I just call it a "microwave" because it's shorter and easier. I think most people do that.
Yep, "for short" is correct.