View Single Post
(#38 (permalink))
Old
yumyumtimtam (Offline)
JF Old Timer

hello again - 02-11-2010, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbine View Post
I'm interested in teaching too, but I want to teach adults, I think. I'd like to try working in Japan, only it's difficult to find a job. Have you heard of AEON? I'm wondering if I should apply...
If you are under 30 you can get a working holiday visa to come to Japan and work for a year or more right?

I heard JET prpgramme is the best way to work in Japan as an English teacher
The JET Programme--Official Homepage of The Japan Exchange and Teaching Programme--

I had a few friends used to work for those private English schools, but...

Well...anyway, I say "just go for it!"
If I were you, I will apply many companies and see what I get!

Quote:
I do! My mother is a really good cook and she taught me most things. I like to cook a lot of asian food.
Great!
when you get a job in Japan, please live near my place
we can have a party every weekend!
everyone cooks, not me... but I will clean up!

Quote:
I saw timtams for sale at an import store in Osaka so I bought some for my australian friend. She was really pleased. Shame you can't find any chocolate mint ones though. They sound good.
You are kind!

you know... I can find chocolate mint, but not the biscuit ones...
I am going to Australia in a few months so Im going to buy a lot of them!

Quote:
It's hard to say what the difference is. In the UK, cookies are always soft and chewy and biscuits hard and crisp, but in America Oreo's are called cookies and they're hard. Sometimes too, "biscuits" in america are more like a kind of bread, but that's what we'd call a 'scone' in england. :/ It's all rather confusing.
I see.

I asked my friends about it too, but everyone has got their own opinions about it and I still don't know the differences...

My image of cookies are smaller and thinner.
and biscuits are bigger or thicker.

I love scone too!

you know what? it's midnight but I am hungry...

Quote:
I used a toaster oven in Japan. It's quite clever how some people can use them to bake cakes and all sorts of things. I was amazed. I just made toast in it and heated up bento. Toasted mochi are great!
aren't they?
toasted mochi with Natto and mayo&Soysauce with nori!

Quote:
I just call it a "microwave" because it's shorter and easier. I think most people do that.
Yep, "for short" is correct.
I see, thank you! I will call it microwave from now on!
but how about "micro" ? too short?

have a lovely day columbine-san!

おおきに