(#21 (permalink))
Old
alanX (Offline)
The Psychedelic Traveler

Send a message via Skype™ to alanX
02-13-2010, 05:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyororin View Post
I think what is trying to be said is that you shouldn`t expect a deep relationship when you are going out with someone just because of their race/nationality - and they are going out with you because of yours. Once the novelty wears off chances are there won`t be anything left to hold the relationship together.
If that's what is trying to be said, then I have misread and I apologize.
But it doesn't seem like that with comments like "Japanese often date for the sake of it" and the "it's not going to work out" vibe people are giving off.

I understand that there are people with "yellow fever." And I agree 100%. It will more than likely end in failure.

Nyororin, you are a perfect example. You were interested in Japan and her culture at a very early age, moved to Japan, and married your Japanese husband because it's what you wanted. (I'm assuming.)

And as far as I know (and hope), things are going very well, have a beautiful son if I'm not mistaken?

Which is my advise to the OP, this is the ideal course of action to take.
BUT if it's an impossibility (job-wise) then start with the internet. I've met dozens of extremely close friends in Japan through the internet, all of which I correspond with daily. Boys and girls. (Maybe they are my friends for the sake of have friends, though ) And a few of them, have met in person.

Please don't listen to people saying "you're an idiot for going for a girl based on race" and "it'll never work" ect... Let them realize how sad they are down the road.

As for the meantime, God bless you and best of luck.

猿も木から落ちる