JF Old Timer

hi - 02-14-2010, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbine View Post
はいい〜頑張れます。
頑張ます?
頑張ます?

Quote:
I tried the JET programme, but I didn't get an interview.
going to try again!?

Quote:
I've hear mixed things about the private eikaiwa companies. Some people really enjoyed working with them, others didn't. I have friends who live in the Kansai area, so maybe I could just go and live with them for a while. :P
Yes...there ARE some (just few? I don't know...)good private eikaiwa companies of course.

Quote:
haha~ sounds fun. I've never been to Kanagawa. What's it like?
What Kanagawa is like... mmm
I don't know how to explain it in proper English... but I will try
(Can you correct it for me?)

Kanagawa is one of the prefectures in Japan and located just next to Tokyo.
There are about 9.000.000 people live there and more than 3.500.000 people are living in Yokohama the capital of Kanagawa.

There are many things here!
well... Kanagawa has... a few beautiful ports and harbors, beautiful mountains, big shopping areas, many kinds of restaurants, China Town, historical buildings, onsens and me !

Quote:
I see it the other way around Here, cookies are normally bigger. This is what I think of as 'cookie' http://www.delicedefrance.co.uk/dyna...e%20Cookie.jpg and this is what I think of as a biscuit: http://fr.academic.ru/pictures/frwik...e_biscuits.jpg
If it doesn't fall apart when I dip in my tea, I count it as a biscuit!
Scones are lovely. I really like them with homemade jam.
Interesting isn't it?!

Quote:
I used to get ones with miso on them. Yum!
yes! Mochi is good and Miso is great!

I love Miso soup, but I also use Miso as dressing or dipping souce.

Quote:
Mm, that's probably too short, and 'micro' as a word has a meaning all of it's own. A microwave oven isn't small, so it would seem a bit weird to call it a 'micro'. I can't even think of any slang terms for microwave, except for saying something like "nuke the chicken in the microwave" instead of "cook the chicken in the microwave". '
wow..."nuke" the chicken? sounds very scary
...if I say "nuke the milk" people will know Im going to use microwave to warm the milk?