Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
02-23-2010, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
That's interesting info...never knew.

Even though Kyoto is a smaller city than Osaka, is it safe to guess that a rental home is not going to have a "yard" or "garden space" for a kid to run around?
I`d say that is probably a safe assumption. I`m sure there are some with small yards, but they`re going to be pretty rare. Normally any land not taken by the house becomes parking space.

Quote:
I am sometimes amazed at how much space you can get once you get even only a few miles outside of the city. Often that means you need to have a car, as they aren't near any train stations, but depending on priorities that may be the way to go.
In my experience, just outside the subway system is a great place to live. I have observed this in a number of cities - if you can`t walk to the subway, chances are you`ll have a lot more space and possibly even a garden. This is true even if you`re fairly close to a non-subway station.

I`ll toss up my place as an example - it`s a condo, not a house, but the same still applies. I live about 10 minutes by car from Nagoya station, but on the other side of a large river blocking subway expansion. It`s a 15 minute walk / 5 minute bicycle ride to a station (not subway). We have about 1.3 times the household space of a place in the city within subway service, with a large private yard - with almost as much space as the house... And a parking spot in addition to that.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.