View Single Post
(#68 (permalink))
Old
jesselt (Offline)
弱肉強食

02-25-2010, 09:15 PM

So first teach them romaji and then teach them that when you write HA you mean WA unless it isn't being used as a particle and HE you mean E and OU is really just long OO unless there is a space in between the O and U (spaces which of course don't exist in Japanese) then it is O - U. etc. etc. etc.

The point is that if you have to spend this much time teaching them how to read romaji then there really isn't any point in skipping kana at all because it is just really confusing.

Also, I do believe that you do write wa rather than ha in standard romaji. I could be wrong because I've never used romaji because I am a serious learner and people who actually want to learn the language should have enough common sense to first learn kana

Also, Sashimister is probably upset because he is tired of seeing under qualified people trying to teach his native language by using the letters from another language. It's not that hard of a concept, I would be equally upset if a Japanese person was teaching other Japanese people how to speak English by using Katakana and saying "well they're new so they can use alphabet letters later."

Last edited by jesselt : 02-25-2010 at 09:26 PM.