View Single Post
(#30 (permalink))
Old
RickOShay (Offline)
JF Old Timer

02-26-2010, 02:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyororin View Post
ETA; I am just going to end this and say that I do not agree that the test and the like is pointless. I am of the belief that it SHOULD be hard to get a license, and that you shouldn`t be able to get one if you can`t put in the time and effort to learn the things necessary. In the US, having a car is linked directly to the ability to have an income as it is a car based society - so I suppose that the ease in getting a license in those circumstances can sort of be forgiven... But Japan is not. There are terrible drivers everywhere, but at least you can weed some of them out with strict testing.
I do agree with you on these points. I do not think it should be easy either. The majority of the test maybe very good and necessary, but I still say it has its over the top, ridiculous points. That being said, this is Japan and things are done the Japanese way. I know this and fully accept this, but this is an forum, and people debate on forums and I am simply calling it how I see it. So on the point of the necessity of walking around your car and checking the tires being on the test, I guess we can just do the old agree to disagree.