View Single Post
(#33 (permalink))
Old
Sashimister (Offline)
他力本願

03-09-2010, 02:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacerier View Post
thanks too for the information! but i've got some questions about the の particle. is it required/optional if an entire sub-sentence is used as an adjective, like in this sentence これはワンさんという人を撮った写真です, should i include/exclude the red "の"?
You will never use a "Verb + の + Noun" structure. 撮ったの人 is in that structure.

Say 「これはワンさんという人を撮った写真です。」

Quote:
also are both of these sentences in the correct syntax, and do they mean the same thing:
写真をたくさん撮りました
たくさんの写真を撮りました
Both are grammatical and they mean the same thing. However, I do want to state that the former is the native speaker's choice, and the latter the Japanese learner's "choice". Native speakers prefer placing words like たくさん or 少し or number words right in front of the verb.

Native speakers say 「ハンバーガーを2こ食べた。」

Jpn-learners tend to say 「2このハンバーガーを食べた。」. This is correct but it will always sound foreign to us. Always, because we don't say it that way ourselves.

Quote:
and sry for a third question, i was wondering if the に particle required when i use the verb 入れる in other words can i say this: お金を入れてください, instead of ここにお金を入れてください, if its understood (like when i'm pointing with my hands)
This is a ここに question, not a に question. ここに will be redundant when both the speaker and listener know exactly where to put the money.