(#597 (permalink))
Old
YuriTokoro (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

03-09-2010, 12:02 PM

Hi.

Could you correct my English?

"Trip to Okinawa last week"

This is my first time visiting Okinawa where is the southernmost prefecture of Japan. The area is very famous for its delicious food and distinctive culture.
I went there to listen to Okinawa folk songs live performances. Okinawa songs are popular, and a lot of CDs of them are on sale. I myself have many. You might have heard “Hana” or “Shima Uta”.
So these songs are very cool that I thought most Okinawa people love and sing their songs. However, it turned out that the folk songs were sung only in restraints on the main street for tourists. Most young Okinawa people seemed to prefer hit tunes there.
I knew most young Japanese prefer hit songs, again in Okinawa, the state seems to be the same.
Years ago, when I planned to go to Ireland, one of my English teachers who was from the country asked why I wanted to go her home town. I said that was to listen to Irish music live performances, but she replied, “They are boring.”
I used to learn Japanese folk songs singing and Japanese classical dancing, but quit them because few young people played them. I don’t listen or dance them at all now.
Do you love playing your traditional music or dancing? How about your friends?

Thank you!

Okinawa Prefecture - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

YouTube - はいさいおじさん -沖縄民謡-エイサーショー2Haisai Ojisan -Okinawa Folk Song Minyo

Hello, I may not understand English very well and I may lack words but I will try to understand you.

If you have questions about my post or Japanese customs, don't hesitate to ask.

I YamaP