(#14 (permalink))
Old
duo797 (Offline)
異議あり!

Send a message via AIM to duo797
03-15-2010, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatsuto11 View Post
I certainly know that. Also, I hate romaji more than you can imagine. and if it was my choice, i would prevent Japanese from being written with romaji. But what can a person do when they don't know the basic hiragana and katakana?!!! do ya have another solution? also even if they know only the japanese alphabet without kanji, it would be impossible for me to read what they write! In order to type 'real' japanese, you should use hiragana and katakana together with kanji. This is Japanese!!! so even if you suggest he should type hiragana, that's not japanese either.
We've been over this before, Hatsuto. Hiragana is japanese. They were adapted from the "man'yoogana" (Hanzi used only for their sound). Many of the original Japanese novels used mostly or entirely hiragana. If you want to write in all Kanji, then you should study Chinese. I might be making a mountain out of a mole hill here, if you meant that using only hiragana isn't real Japanese, then I agree (with regards to the language as it is now).