(#6 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
03-18-2010, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbine View Post
It looks interesting. For me I find the kanji review sections a bit crowded and too much like trying to read a dictionary but they do provide a lot of information. Some of the vocab lists look a bit funny; not sure I'd put しゅうへんas the first word to learn at beginner's level, and nor would I translate it as "grove, small woods" so that makes me suspicious of the accuracy. However the example sentences all seem to use it correctly.
After seeing the comment about しゅうへん, I just had to go and see what sort of definitions they were giving for things.

Just in the first lesson, there were quite a few very very strange "definitions" for words that I find it quite hard to believe should be introduced to a beginner.
For example, the しゅうへん(周辺) Columbine pointed out...
もっと being defined as gold, money, metal.
きょうきゅう(供給) being defined as day/sun.
いりょう(医療) as birth.
ほしい(欲しい) as cooperation...

And it goes on and on. I have NO idea where they are coming up with these definitions, and would suggest avoiding at least that part of the site.

A site for studying that defines 勉強 as "attendant" has some serious problems.

ETA; I really can`t stop laughing at it. 釣る is "child" and 車 is "go down"! Please look at the list for some great raised eyebrow and head shaking fun. One or two mistakes is one things, but this is almost 1 out of every 5.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.

Last edited by Nyororin : 03-18-2010 at 03:25 PM.