View Single Post
Old
SSJup81 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to SSJup81 Send a message via AIM to SSJup81 Send a message via MSN to SSJup81 Send a message via Yahoo to SSJup81 Send a message via Skype™ to SSJup81
03-21-2010, 09:34 PM

Hey all again. I was just thinking about expenses, and trying to get an idea as to how much all of them may come to. Of course there's no way I'll be able to get an accurate amount or figure, since I still don't know what the rent is going to be (given the area, though, I may end up with free rent *crosses fingers*), but it's nice to start planning early, I always say. I've always been this way, especially with expenses. I don't like to overspend and all that and like to save for a rainy day.

Anyway, after getting to Japan, I know I'll need Internet at least, and probably a phone. What are some good, reasonable deals for obtaining a decent Internet connection? I'm bringing over my laptop, and I don't have a cell phone or anything, so it'll be easier to keep in touch with those here at home through something like Skype, which is terribly cheap to use if making calls to land-lines. Which would you all consider to be the best reasonably priced, one?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyororin View Post
A quick search tells me that Metformin is also available, and is available in 5 different "brands" including . I would be willing to guess that a few of them are generic.
You should be able to present your current medication plan to a doctor and have them continue it and monitor you properly to change anything if necessary. Diabetes isn`t uncommon at all in Japan.
I've heard that people over there have had Diabetes, just not as much as in other places.
Quote:
Sorry I sounded kind of snappy with that - there are a lot of people who really do wait until the last minute to start looking into this kind of thing even when they`ve had plenty of time.
You didn't sound snappy at all, but seriously, anyone who would wait until the last minute to do something like that is just nuts! lol