(#13 (permalink))
Old
darksyndrem (Offline)
Banned

Send a message via MSN to darksyndrem
03-22-2010, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
How? Do you mean having everyone be insured? This is a good thing.

Really, explain how you are losing control by the government reigning in the completely out of control insurance industry.

If anything it gives us, US citizens MORE control of our heath care options.
No, I'm talking about everyone being forced to pay for health insurance, and being fined (a pretty large fine for some people) if they don't.

Quote:
Would you rather have elected officials doing this or for-profit corporations who have your health at the bottom of their priority lists?
Yes. If it's for-profit corporations, I can choose not to have insurance. Yes, they do have my health at the bottom of their priority lists, but these corporations do not care about my health any less than the government.

Quote:
We do things the government forces us to do everyday. From moving our clocks an hour forward in spring to getting a government issued license to drive a car, living in a society means living by rules, and in our case these rules are determined by elected officials in the government. We need insurance to drive a car (at least in my state) and just as people want other drivers to have car insurance, as people we want everyone to have health insurance. This will save lives (as people will be able to go to the doctor earlier if they are sick) and save money (we pay for people that default on medical bills).
So, you're okay with the government having complete control (not that they have *complete* control right now, but damn it seems like it's getting close) over you, your family, and your life? Are you really okay with people that you don't even know, who are don't give a damn about you and are making millions off of your salary, controlling your life?

Also, Uncle Sam will be helping those who can't afford the health insurance. But, MMM, I'm sure you know who Uncle Sam actually is right? He's the American that works himself to death so that he can put food on the table for his family and pay the bills. Well, a good percentage of the money he works for goes to taxes. Those taxes are what pays for some people's insurance now. It's the hard workers that have to pay for themselves, and then some more for the people who won't work.