(#37 (permalink))
Old
darksyndrem (Offline)
Banned

Send a message via MSN to darksyndrem
03-23-2010, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post

But what would happen if the government stopped paying for police and fire?

As you consider that consider that the 85% are already being punished and are already paying for the 15% that don't have health insurance. However ER trips are much more expensive than preventable disorders that people without insurance don't get treated.
So, what you're saying is: since we're already paying for the 15%'s police and fire and whatever else, we might as well pay for their health insurance too? Another thing, that I am definitely not okay with.

Quote:
And it isn't 15% that "won't work" Unemployment is less than 10%, and the majority of those people want to work. However, there is a percentage of people that cannot afford health insurance as it is today, and take the gamble of not being covered. When those people get hurt, guess who pays? We do. Hospitals have to cover expenses, so they increase prices for paying customers. Insurance companies have to make profits, so they increase prices to their users.
You need to understand the difference between working and having a job. There is a huge gap between those. There is a lot more people that have a job that aren't working, than there are people who are unemployed.

There is nothing wrong with using a system that works. The problem is in American we have primary care health insurance companies. You have to understand these don't need to exist in other First World countries. To go to a single payer system means the demise of these multi-billion dollar corporations. They are very powerful lobbyists. The truth is the majority of America wants a single-payer healthcare system. That is the NORM on the world stage.

We have police, fire and postal services like other countries. Why wouldn't we want universal health coverage? [/quote]

If there's nothing wrong with using a system that works, then please, explain to me why the hell we got so many problems. We had a good system that worked before we started having problems and now, instead of going back before these problems we try to patch them up and add to the problem.

I don't understand why you are thinking in this "Well, we already [blah blah], so we might as well [blah blah]" format. It doesn't make any sense to me. It's as if you think doing it the right way is just too hard for you so you are going to take the easy route that everyone else is taking. I really think that insults the rest of Americans. You just don't have enough pride in your country. You just don't care that much about Americans, do you?

Quote:
Explain how "this bill does not line up with all the motives that got us here".
I think you understand exactly what that means if you know anything about American history.