(#642 (permalink))
Old
xYinniex (Offline)
Quit yo' jibber jabber!

03-25-2010, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by autumnchan View Post
I suck in fashion.

I dunno how to mix and match my clothes nor how to put on make ups.

Need guide
i think with anything, you learn and experiment with what you like and how to mix and match and apply makeup.

Because everyone's face is unique, so there are different applications of technique in makeup, e.g: making eyes bigger, making your eyes look elegant using winged liner, making the colours of your eyes pop (e.g: brown and green work well). It differs in each person which is why you experiment, there are loads of youtube gurus, and also beauty bloggers out there to show you (Mine is ~Yinnie~). The general golden rule is: if your eyes are bold/dark, keep lips neutral or vice versa (lips bold/dark, the eyes shoudl be neutral)

Again, with clothes, you have to choose for your figure. Some clothes may make you look fatter than you are, or have the wrong shape making you look shorter than you are. Some colours/shades may wash you out. Its all about experimenting, which is why you have fitting rooms in shops. You can also accessorise, say you had silver shoes, you can match with a silver bag or silver jewellery, but you only want a little, too much will make you look very tacky. Again, if you're wearing a bold print t shirt/dress, keep the rest of the outfit basic. Its all about BALANCE. I can't tell you what to wear, I can only say that working out what looks good on you, both casual and work attire will make you feel really good about yourself when you do wear it.

And sometimes, the best time is when you don't have to think about fashion, I live in sweats and tees when I'm having a home-day. =)

I hope this helps. =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertherose25 View Post
Does anyone know who this woman is? She looks familar...I've seen her around before I think.
arisa mizumi, professional cosplayer/Japanese model.

"I'm sorry, but i must have given you the impression that I actually care about your opinions"

Last edited by xYinniex : 03-25-2010 at 08:41 PM.