View Single Post
(#11 (permalink))
Old
atan64 (Offline)
New to JF

03-25-2010, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wagamama View Post
Hey man i like ur plan it has alot of good spots in it.But personally i feel ur being a tad too ambitious with it ,ur pretty much spending lot of time traveling which is something i 'd hate,Plus ur travelin in such a big group it could be abit taxing while doing so.Just my 2cents i think its very reasonable to do Tokyo + Kyoto + Osaka within ur time,even still transport is still gonna be costly.u could hit himeji when ur staying in kyoto/osaka its not that that far.Doable.
hope this helps=).Kobe isn't a must go now because its not nicely decorated like it always is during december.Nara is a nice place for the family especially for the kids(deer feeding)
Hi Wagamama, thanks for your input, I appreciate it. I scaled this itinerary back from my original plan. I was going to see Takayama and Kanazawa as well, but I figured that was a bit much....so I took that out of my plans.

We figured it would be better to not bounce from one hotel to another and stay for longer durations in one city rather than hauling our luggage with us everywhere. Just take some day excursions. Regarding your comment on transport costs, are you talking about travelling around outside of our Rail pass that we would have?

I guess the good thing with day trips is that we are not obligated to do them if we feel exhausted from travelling so much. I understand what you are saying...we need to find a happy medium and see what Japan is all about without getting burnt out, because I don't particularly like that type of travel myself.

Regarding Himeji, you figure I should see it when we are settled in Kyoto? I thought it would be better to have a quick visit on our way to Hiroshima. But then again it would be easier to see it after we have dropped of our suitcases off at a hotel in Kyoto. Speaking of hotels, we are thinking it may be a good idea to look into apartment rentals since we are staying there for 7 days...most are minimum own week rental. Anyone have any good suggestions?