View Single Post
(#9 (permalink))
Old
NYG (Offline)
New to JF

03-29-2010, 02:06 PM

When I was an exchange student in Thailand, we had a japanese teacher, she befriended every single student in our college and she could change political insults into friendly jokes. Amazing! Every chinese student in my class loved her as a personal friend. One time I went up to her and told her that I believe that Japan is a good country, she was in shock because she did not expect such open-minded chinese to be among her student. We talked a lot about politics, history, science. Before meeting the japanese teacher, I once met a japanese tutor in my chinese college, he was a typical laconic japanese, talked little, worked hard

People from Japan mostly fall into stereotypes like being cute or spicy for the girls, and stern, laconic for most men. The realistic stereotype of japanese people comes off as lovable for me. I mentioned my nationalist belief because nationalism being the most radical ideology, considering a nationalist is friendly with Japan, therefore the unhappy problems between China and Japan is nothing radical but stupidity.

Last edited by NYG : 03-29-2010 at 02:46 PM.