View Single Post
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Sitron (Offline)
Banned

04-04-2010, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PockyMePink View Post
You know, I hear they speak it in this other cool place called France.

JS
Whats cool about France? It's just like any other big European country. Just like any other place you'll find that Lady Gaga, Beyonce and any other American artist top the charts over there, that they also love to watch Lost, Heroes, House, etc. There's nothing special about France anymore. It may have been a cultural capitol a few centuries, or even decades ago, but not any longer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle

You say "useless language" and that's it! You didn't say why? And why would Japanese be more useful than French?
As a person that already speaks 3 European languages, and two of them are bigger than French in Europe, I don't need French. In terms of job opportunities I don't need French. Germany is a far bigger economy and then there's Austria and Switzerland (yes, I know some speak French in Switzerland, but only 20%, compared to the 72% that speak German).

France doesn't offer anything special anymore. If you've lived in Europe your whole life you'll see France is just like any other Western European nation. There's a reason why French as a language is declining all over the world.