View Single Post
(#42 (permalink))
Old
Megabyte117 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

04-28-2010, 01:38 PM

Let's get this out of the way - Not all illegal immigrants in Arizona are drug smugglers. A very small portion are. Not all crimes in Arizona are committed by illegal immigrants/hispanics. Yet, our very own beloved Arpaio admits that he arrests "very few" non-hispanics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clintjm View Post
So we'll just read between the lines instead and just call the bill racists because a person of any race can asked?
People like Arpaio will certainly not pursue those of white skin.

Quote:
No, no birth certificate, no passport is required but are acceptable forms of ID, but you do have to produce ID as disclosed in the bill in English by the John Lott article I posted. No different than most places if you are asked by law officials for ID and you fail to produce, then you can be held until you do. They don't have quite the same situation in Portland as they do in Arizona. There is truly a big problem there that is affecting the country as a whole and this jerky attitude that we can't ask people if they are here legally and produce some ID because we might be hurt someone's feelings.
This guy showed his driver's license and was still handcuffed

I don't support illegal immigration, but it is shocking to see how many people regard them all as evil, baby stealing, drug smugglers. Most of them are very hard-working people. But that doesn't mean they deserve to be here for free; I just strongly disagree with this bill as I don't believe it is something that is economically sound for Arizona. As it may recall when it refused to recognize MLK day as a holiday.