View Single Post
(#11 (permalink))
Old
Adan (Offline)
New to JF

05-25-2010, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastFortnight View Post
People who were disappointed with it just miss the point, the mysteries exist just to give a certain feeling to the series. The solution or the reason behind isn't as important as the enigma itself and it's also a way to put the characters in a certain situation and then explore their feelings and reactions, thus developing them.
If they had explained everything it wouldn't be as cool as that, I'm sure of it, it's the same to ask Anno to reveal all of Eva's secrets... It's interesting as long it remains a secret.
Well, I agree and disagree with you. In one part I understand that the mysteries of the island and the passengers needed to stay a mystery, after all, if David Copperfield performs an illusion and reveals the secret of the illusion, much like the masked magician, the mystic is lost. So fine keep those mysteries a secret.
But there are a few "plot points" that needed some sort of resolution. Walt Lloyd for instance, ok we get it, the kid has magical power, but if he is so important (as showed in the 1st ans 2nd season) where is he? I know that we saw Walt off the island when Ben took Locke to visit him, that's not what I mean, what I don't get is if he was so important, why did we not see him again? Why did his importance played no role in the end? Another thing that needed to be told was just does Jacob travel of island and get back to the island?

I don't know, I have enough to go on and on but maybe at another time.

Also, somebody in another forum recommended the movie "Passengers"
Passengers (2008)
(I'm not sure if links are permitted or not. If not, feel free to delete the link
mods)

I just saw it today and I felt cheated, not by the movie but by the show.
This movie came out in 2008 and if Lost fans decide to see it for themselves, they'll know what I mean.
The movie is decent and I assure you that regardless of how you feel about Lost, you'll enjoy this movie. And if TheLastFortnight hasn't seen the Lost series finale, see the movie first.