View Single Post
(#4 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

05-29-2010, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuwabuki View Post
I have little sympathy for companies that fail to adapt. And I know people who work for Viz. The new paradigm is streamable and downloadable global content. I was paying for netflix until I realised my being in Japan stopped it from working because of outdated licensing structure.

There are no national borders on the Internet, and we don't need your shiny little plastic discs. What we do need is an easy way we can pay for non DRM content that can be watched whenever we want on whatever device we want.

Until companies can do that, they will die.

Back on topic, 12 years of education is usually needed to prove native level English, but it's case by case.
Unfortunately the pardagm is not downloadable content, it is the paradigm that the value of a manga or anime is zero. Scanlators and rippers put this stuff up on the Internet faster than publishers can license. So many of these kids don't even think that what they are doing is wrong, much less putting companies out of business. Let's not completely blame the victims for the actions of theives.