View Single Post
(#30 (permalink))
Old
vithvicious (Offline)
New to JF

06-19-2010, 08:07 AM

To which I totally agree.

But what's a hypothetical situation that doesn't have it's fourth wall broken, really?

And I think you have to see how silly it would be to suggest that a hypothetical situation underlining the aspects of something that could possibly happen in order to illustrate the common pitfalls of the human mind yet at the same time not allow the deviance of reality to coexist within said hypothetical sets of existences; it sort of curbs a smile to one side.

But I only did so for comedic effect, not as an attempt to refute in variation.

I think you've nailed it on the head with your example but only because like you said you aren't allowing the existence of choice outside of what is available.

It is logically sound to close off any options from any hypothetical situation other then what the situation poses as it's question. Otherwise there would be no way to truly arrive at a conclusion of said situation and the concept of a hypothetical situation would lose it's meaning. But it isn't creditable to expect people to only choose what is given to them by it's very nature.

Again it is simply a very tiny refraction in logic of what I was using as humorist-ic fodder. Because if we choose to put back that "4th wall", you are absolutely correct.

I was only trying to leave a good laugh on the aftertaste of those that actually decided to read the wall of text in front of them.

VithVicious1b.JPG goes here...