Quote:
Originally Posted by yumyumtimtam View Post
こんにちは サルボダヤ("sarvodaya" in Japanese)さん
Thank you; I have now been named!

Quote:
わたしもげんきです!
You like to ask as well!

Quote:
I had many chances to start practising Karate and Aikido, because quite a few of my friends were doing it and often asked me to join them, but I didn't... when I was about 10 years old...I was busy playing with friends like...going to the mountain and river to catch こんちゅう、めだか、ざりがにetc and playing ソフトボール、ドッジボール、バスケットボール や おにごっこ.
softball, dodge-ball, basketball and tig. You just transliterate them directly!

Quote:
My mother made me to go to Piano lesson because I was always acting like a boy so she thought it's a good idea,but in 1 year I quit. I preferred running around.
I think I should have practised Karate or Aikido or something to learn self-discipline.
Nonetheless, it all sounds quite idyllic! In any case, it's never too late to start.

Quote:
はい、よくわかりました。ありがとうございます。
どういたしまして

Quote:
Yes, I think I was very lucky and it was a big adventure for me.
I arrived at Heathrow nearly mid-night, so I decided to stay in the airport to save money.I was a little scared because there were just many men looking strange...but I guess for them I looked strange too, so nothing bad happened.

Next day, I waited for the information centre to open and they arranged an B&B accommo in London for me.There were 4 girls in the dormitory room.They were from Australia and Argentina.I enjoyed talking to my room mates and walking around the city to look at all the famous things with many tourists around, but I really wanted to meet local people, so on the 2nd day I went to Walthamstow to have a look at the street market there.
When I got there, I thought "this is it!".I was so excited just to be there with the local people around!
I was walking down the street and found a real ["real estate" is American English, in the UK we just say "estate agent", but obviously it's a personal choice for you] estate agent and the door was open, so I just popped in and asked them like..."I know it's strage to ask you this, but do you have any room for rent for a week?"
Gosh, that was brave!

Quote:
I knew they would say of course not, and they did, but the ladies were very friendly and asked me "What's on the earth a Japanese tourist is doing in Walthamstow? There are many famous places to go and take photos in London! Anyway take a seat! Let's have some cup of tea" then we started chatting. They made a list of "must see in London" for me. I had a wonderful time there. When I was just about to say thank you and leave there, a lady made a phone call to an owner of a house nearby and asked him to rent me a room for a week!and soon he said OK! not only that, the owner and the real estate agent ladies brought me many sheets and blankets and a TV! and not only that! The owner asked me to join him and his friends for a drink at the corner pub.(That's where I heard a lot of "ish" conversation) I had an amazing time there.
There are 2 girls sharing the same house(each room has its own door for the outside,but they share the bathroom and the kitchen). A student from Africa and a local girl.They said they don't talk much to each other.It was very interesting that they gave me really different information about London.
After the wonderful one week stay in that room, the real estate ladies invited me to stay at their places too. After London, I visited Hastings and Dover.
I just loved England very very much.I think I was very lucky.

rude? NO!!!!! It's wonderful ! Thank you very very much! I really appreciate it.
ありがとうございます!

I'll probablly make a lot of mistakes and Im afraind I already did in here.
So please do not feel like you have to.
I'd like you to enjoy this Japanforum and I don't want to be too much trouble for you here.
I will try not to make too many mistakes!
がんばります!

とても よくわかりました!
ありがとうございました

Please leave your questions or just type anything you leant and practice!
I'm glad to help with mistakes, and if we don't make mistakes we can't learn, so don't worry!

I'm glad you had such a good visit, I'd love to hear more some time. It was a very good idea to get a feel for the daily life amongst the hoi polloi in that way.

As I was explaining to Yuri, I'm right at the beginning of my studies, and I don't have many useful questions yet, but if you can just give me a couple of basic sentences in the beginning, I'll be happy. We can then see if some questions arise from that. Feel free to carry on asking, even if it is not balanced in the beginning, because I will certainly have a great many more questions later on once I'm a bit more advanced.

Now I'm going to sleep!