View Single Post
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

07-06-2010, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven View Post
I may be crazy... but I found it awfully strange in the timing in all that. Wasn't that just around the time that there was talk of removing an American base from Japan? It's funny that in the midst of those talks something like that should happen. I know it's not far from a conspiracy theory, but what komitsuki said should definitely be a consideration. Otherwise it was really dumb timing on NK's part. Of course I just read the news that I read and connected the dots... hopefully someone more educated on the matter will jump in, because I'd like to hear from them about this.
Yours is just one of many conspiracy theories circulating the web. I too dont know much about the actual incident but I think the idea that it was a ploy to "scare" the Japanese into keeping bases on Okinawa far-fetched. The Americans would have had

IF the attack was staged, then the most likely reason Ive come across is that it was to cover up an accident that occurred between the US and Korean vessels.

I dont think it was staged though. The investigation into the incident was carried out by an international team of experts both military and civilian. If it was staged then there would have had to have been some huge collaboration between the investigators. I just dont think a coverup that big could occur nor do I see a reason why they would go to such trouble.