View Single Post
(#26 (permalink))
Old
GoNative (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

07-14-2010, 01:41 AM

Jealousy is a destructive emotion in any relationship. It says more about your own insecurities and lack of confidence than any rift in a relationship. Obviously when in a monogamous relationship you have a right to expect fidelity from your partner. This does not mean you can expect that they will never feel some sort of attraction to another person. I've been married 10 years and have met many women over that time who I've found incredibly attractive both physically and emotionally and who i have become good friends with. My wife has no unrealistic expectation that I will never look at another women throughout our entire relationship and I certainly wouldn't expect her to never become friends with other men. We trust each other completely. For a successful long term relationship I think this is essential. Obviously at the end of the day many people do betray such trust but that's the risk you have to take. You may get hurt. And if you're with someone you just can't trust then it's time to find someone else.