View Single Post
(#7 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

07-20-2010, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayT View Post
Meh, wasn't as good as Memento or The Prestige.
Didn't really grasp me like his other psychological movies did.
People were making such hype about it being an intelligent movie that you have to think a lot about.
I found it very straight forward and very predictable compared to his older works.
Ending didn't deliver like his other movies either.
I disagree with about every statement in that post. Although I think Memento and The Prestige are great movies, The Prestige was not Nolan's original idea and Memento feels like a practice run to Inception (although it is a very well made one).

Compared to every other movie to come out this summer, calling Inception anything other than "intelligent" is simply not fair.

I guess it is straight forward in some ways, but like Lost, there are lots of little questions that are not clearly answered. I think you could argue about how many levels down had Cobb gone...was it 4, or 5? Was Mal right and Cobb wrong, or the other way around? Many things we accept, but when examined later become suspect (just like a dream..hmmm). For example, Saito says the longest international flight is Sydney to LA which is 10 hours. Not only is it not 10 hours (closer to 14) it isn't the longest. Newark to Singapore is 19 hours. Robert Fisher Jr. is the son of Maurice Fisher. Why is he "Jr."? Why does Cobb have an American accent and his father a British accent. How is Cobb's father in Paris, and then waiting for Cobb at the airport in LA? Why haven't Cobb's children grown? Cobb gets off the bullet train in Kyoto, but then is back in Tokyo. Cobb and Arthur talk about their ride on the roof at night, and then a few moments as they reach the roof it is light out. Why does Cobb use his wife's token? Where is his?