View Single Post
(#9 (permalink))
Old
Asias (Offline)
New to JF

07-21-2010, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleGoetz View Post
You can't directly translate stuff from one language to another and expect it to be literally the same.

And no, it says something like "Try hard, because there's someone waiting for you."

I would just go with the suggested translations. Yuri is a native Japanese speaker and has good English. Sashimister is a native Japanese speaker and a near-native English speaker. They both think these are good translations—in fact, Sashimister commented on how very good Yuri's suggestions are. You're not really going to get a better suggestion from someone here. There are only a couple other native Japanese speakers here, and they post a lot less than these two.
I understand this, it's especially true for Japanese. But I don't understand Japan language at all, so I can't check whether what I said has been understood correctly. For instance あなたの夢へと続く百億の道がある as I understand means "there are hundred millions ways to a dream", which is not exactly "Many roads, one Way", although I really like the new meaning of the phrase introduced by Yuri.