View Single Post
(#30 (permalink))
Old
ryuurui (Offline)
Japanese calligrapher

07-23-2010, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogsbody70 View Post
"Thank you. Great master, to teach you on on telephone books. This shows how abstract calligraphers think. He must have been an extraordinary man. It a reference to old school of calligraphy and respecting the paper, which back in a days was very expensive and hard to come by". posted by ryuurui.

I am unsure if you are serious or not. We used telephone pages to practice and practice certain strokes. This young chinese man taught calligraphy and also Mandarin. He was a lovely teacher and most encouraging. He lives here in UK in a cottage close to the sea in SUSSEX. I Unfortunately I could not afford many private lessons.

I did go to a one day class in japanese writing-- it was primarily hiragana a day is not long enough.

Yes I am sure that to achieve excellent art work would take many years of study and practice. One needs to be dedicated which is true of all great arts really.

I wish you well in all that you are doing. It will be well worth while.

where to find a teacher? I wonder.
i am sorry if i sounded as i am being sarcastic, no, i was dead serious. I meant that he must have been a great guy. Most important for him was to show you how to write and share the knowledge. I think that is remarkable.

To find a teacher? Well, depends where you are located. Are you in Japan? If yes, I could help you find one.