View Single Post
(#6 (permalink))
Old
TalnSG (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to TalnSG
07-27-2010, 07:11 PM

My 1st reaction to the question was sort like Steven's postcript..... Why?
I know when I was in my 20s I had no intention of "settling down" or anything close to it.

But a few more moments of thought and I also remembered the desire for someone in my life on a more consistent basis than the brief encounters/one-night-stands back then. I got lucky and found a best friend and more for a year or two, and we managed to keep from getting exclusive and obsessed with each other.

Those sports don't lend themselves to meeting women..... not even when they aren't "prissy" types. While I would drag race, go to a shooting range or bowling, I never had any desire to suit up in something covering my face and get hit with projectiles (ie. paintball). And Muay Thai is a bit extreme for the average person (male or female). Try modifying it a bit. Tone it down to maybe Tai Chi class. Women are more likely to work into martial arts from there and it won't hurt your form in other arts either.

Same goes for almost everything. Don't stop what you're doing, just tone it down and take it a bit slower. It will make you more approachable to a woman who might notice, but write you off as being on the fast track - which translates back to fast romance (fast start and fast finish). Don't pounce. Talk, have a casual date, wait, have another casual date. You will weed out the ones in for a fast fling if you take things slow and steady. Just don't slow things down to the point the women wonder if you are even interested.

Only an open mind and open heart can be filled with life.
Find your voice; silence will not protect you.