View Single Post
(#43 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

07-29-2010, 02:01 PM

POWER corrupts.

Are you are assuming that the internet is accessible and unfiltered? There are many people in this world without access to technologically advanced forms of communications, and still more where that access is highly filtered and/or distorted. Of course, the internet can provide enlightenment; but it can just as easily be the source of brainwashing.

Yes I realise that-- I am aware that not everyone has access to the net, but there is a lot out there already.

I am unsure if china is still blocking the net from their own people.

I guess when Japan was isolated for a long time that there was an opportunity to keep secret and closed. If a japanese was not allowed to leave the country or any stranger enter-- it would of course isolate them from what is going on out side.

When I grew up during the war here in UK I only heard what was allowed to be broadcast. I was pretty ignorant about what was going on out there apart from the war. I certainly was ignorant about the Pacific war. Ignorant about many things as our history lessons were more about our Kings and Queens than real every day life.

It is harder to hide things nowadays and of course plenty of opportunity to manipulate.