View Single Post
(#34 (permalink))
Old
Columbine (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

07-31-2010, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogsbody70 View Post
WHY? do they get slammed? Is it a crime?

no need for rudeness anyway.
I guess it's because a lot of the noobs who rock in going "omg, japaaaan, i love it, i want to live there, the japanese are so much better than the people in my country" etc etc, tend to be horribly, willfully ignorant of reality and make terrible generalizations about culture, bordering on racist. The OP (original poster) of this thread unfortunately comes across like that.

I agree though; in my opinion, rudeness isn't called for (although I can appreciate people's frustration) and certainly the OP didn't deserve those pictures being posted (come on Mods, what are you playing at, that kind of stunt has got to be against the rules, surely?) considering he re-clarified his view and has done some reading on Japan at least to explain where his opinion stems from.

On the other hand, I fully agree with Kunitokotachi; SudanSon, your view of Japan is a little naive, particularly (and I hate to say it) considering your nationality. You might find what you read about Japan and what you might experience in person to be quite different scenarios. Equally, you might not, but still, it's very unwise to generalize too much.