View Single Post
(#3 (permalink))
Old
atan64 (Offline)
New to JF

08-02-2010, 03:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven View Post
The castle is a good idea. I went there in late November last year and the autumn leaves were perfect... October might be good too, but I think it might be a little bit early for those post card esque colors. There's a big park there that you can walk around for a while. I remember looking for a place to eat and being dissapointed though! So if you go there make sure you time it so you aren't starving looking for a place to eat right after you're done.

Something that is really iconic is the Guriko sign in downtown Osaka. It's kind of a cool place to get a picture if you have the chance. It's right next to a river... and if I remember correctly there is a don kiyote (I think that was the place...) that has a passageway to a ferris wheel that you can ride, which I think would be quite nice at nighttime (it was out of order when I went though).

If you like Okonomiyaki or Takoyaki you definitely don`t wanna miss out on eating some while you're there. I'm not an expert on the area, so maybe someone else could tell you a good place to eat at (I'm sure a google search might give you a start).

If it rains, you could always go to the aquarium, which is indoors. I had a pretty good time there when I went, but it's one of those things that you can kind of see anywhere if you know what I mean. They had some interesting fish there though!

By the way, sometimes taking a couple of taxi cabs might be cheaper than taking the train. It might help to plan out a route before you go if you're looking to save money and time that way.

What are you interested in? What kind of stuff do you wanna see/don't wanna see? That might help other people help you.
Hey Steven,

Thanks for your reply

The Guriko sign looks interesting. I think I would like to check that out. Definitely would like to take many pictures, as I am a real avid photographer. I like to shoot people, landscapes, architecture etc. Any suggestions for some great photo opportunities would be awesome!

I am looking forward to some great food! Not much into the real expensive fine dining....just would love to go where the regular local people eat. I am actually salivating already and I am not even in Japan yet

You mention about possibly taking cabs instead of the train. Are you talking about when we are in Osaka? or taking a cab from Kyoto? We will have a 2 week JR pass, so for sure we will take the train into Osaka and back.

Cheers.