View Single Post
(#1 (permalink))
Old
filip1 (Offline)
New to JF

Antique Japanese book of paintings - 08-04-2010, 09:27 AM

I am trying for some time to find a answers on some questions about unique Japan/Chinese notebook of original paintings, which I acquired few years ago. I will be very thankful if any of you could try to tell me something more about it, or, if you are not familiar with it, to guide some expert who will be able to tell me more.

However, what I have is this: A very large scrapbook full of original drawings, sketches and paintings, done by unknown Japanese artist in the period probably before the 2nd world war. Some people who are familiar with Japanese language told me that this looks as a artist's map/scrapbook made by some Japanese artist in which he are explaining techniques of Chinese art. In the scrapbook are more than 150 original drawings, paintings and writings. Maybe all that is done by some painter famous in Japan, and need to be researched. Some of the paintings in the scrapbook are stamped with a red stamp which is known to be used by Japanese painters. I enlarged that stamp on one of the photos, so maybe if someone who is familiar with it, could help me to determine the name of the artist.

I already uploaded some photos of the paintings from the book on this link here (you can enlarge all of them if you click on of it), but if some of you will need more photos, I will make it. I would just like to mention again that all drawings and paintings in the scrapbook are original, done by hand, and than glued on the pages.

I also found one old postcard tucked in the scrapbook, and you can also find a photo of it on the link here. Maybe it give to us answer on some questions.

So, here is the link on the all photos already uploaded:

link ----> japan pictures by martimisterija - Photobucket

And here is some of the samples:

Last edited by filip1 : 08-04-2010 at 09:30 AM.