View Single Post
(#11 (permalink))
Old
YuriTokoro (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

08-05-2010, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SqueakyRat View Post
That's right. I've been trying to think of a reason as to why it's okay (And better.) to drop [ein] in this case, but I really can't think of any.

I guess I'm not much of a grammar expert, so in most cases, while I'm able to tell you if your sentence is correct, I might not have an answer as to why it is or is not correct.
Guten Abend, SqueakyRat.

I just need natural expressions.
I can’t tell the details of the Japanese grammar, too.

Quote:
In the case of [zurechtweisen], this verb is made up of the two words [zurecht] and [weisen]. Both can have several meanings. [zurecht] for example can be used the same way as the english expression "rightly so", if you're familiar with that one, but in this context it means something like "to bring things in order". The verb [weisen] can be translated as "to lead".

Both those words make up the word [zurechtweisen] and basically desribe someone scolding another person for a mistake they made.
Danke.
Now I know that a long verb can be consisted of two words!

Quote:
I see. It should be "der" though, but I'm assuming it's just a typo as you got it right at the end of your comment.
I have made a mistake.
German is really complicated!

Quote:
The same is true for basically all professions. Although, if we're referring to a group of both male and female students (Or any other profession.) we still often say [Schüler und Schülerinnen], instead of just [Schüler]. But it's correct either way. Mentioning both is the political correct way.
I didn’t know this, too. Danke!

Quote:
May I ask what made you interested in learning german?
I love Germany.
I’ve been there once.
The people I met there were very kind.

Quote:
It's short for [an das], it's probably just a typo, but in case you want to use your notes for future reference I thought I'd point it out.
Danke!
I have made another mistake!
Danke, sehr nett von Ihnen.

Yuri's German Study: 2 : Schüler

Hello, I may not understand English very well and I may lack words but I will try to understand you.

If you have questions about my post or Japanese customs, don't hesitate to ask.

I YamaP