View Single Post
(#2 (permalink))
Old
ParaPara (Offline)
JF Regular

08-11-2010, 01:23 AM

You know... The exact same thing is happening to me! I still listen to both J-pop and K-pop, but K-pop is growing on me.

I would like to apologize in advance for the lack of organization in my paragraphs. I jump from one idea to another pretty randomly

I discovered J-pop first about a year and a half ago. I like many artists, but mostly I listen to the idol groups. I think that is where the problem lies for me. I like most of the music put out by J-Idol groups like Morning Musume, Buono!, C-ute, and AKB-48, but lately I have been listening to them less and less, because the groups are getting too young for me to handle. I can't even watch the new videos put out by AKB, because they feature the idols running around scantily clothed. I just can't stomach it because I feel like I am watching something I shouldn't as I am 19... lol. What I like about J-pop is that it is so upbeat, nice, and mostly clean as far as I know.

Lately, I have been listening to a lot of K-pop. I like T-ara, SNSD (Girls Generation), After School, and others. I like it because it a lot more western than J-pop. I don't like boy bands in general because I'm a guy, but there are a few songs that are good, so I'll listen to them.

So, If I am looking for nice, upbeat, happy songs I listen to J-pop, and if I am looking for darker, sexier, more western songs, I go for K-pop.

Call me crazy, but as of right now, I don't listen to any male J-pop singers. For some reason I don't like it when guys sing in Japanese. Weird Huh

Not a fan of J-Rock or K-Rock by the way, just pop music.

LOL I was totally going to make this exact same thread. What a coincidence!

So, thats my two cents worth. Thanks for reading. What artists do you listen to.