View Single Post
(#14 (permalink))
Old
steven (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-20-2010, 07:38 AM

Sounds like you got a bum deal when times were good... that's really too bad. Unfortunately I think rules have changed for current JETs regarding summer vacation. I've heard that things have gotten a little bit more strict over the years. I would kill for a whole summer vacation off!

Your school dwarves the schools around here! That means you must've had a lot of teachers gone at once. I'm suprised at your description of the teachers' room... it sounds like my school is quite different as there is pretty much always someone here (and I mean always). I think there was one day during obon where there were like only 2 teachers around, but that was an anomolie to say the least, and I'm sure other teachers stopped by during the day.

I have actually been curious about that "patrolling" thing and whether or not it happened in cities or more suburban areas. It's a little bit to my chagrin that it does happen to be honest. It's definitely the American left over in me, but that reminds me a bit too much of "1984" if you know what I mean.