View Single Post
(#8 (permalink))
Old
TalnSG (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to TalnSG
08-30-2010, 07:48 PM

Just a couple of minor points. In the U.S., you should search under "freelance" rather than "commission". Yes, you are paid a commission for the work but it is rarely, if ever, referred to as commissioned writing. I am not sure about the terminology elsewhere though.

While I completely understand about spelling and typing mistakes while posting on a forum such as this (I am awful about it at times), if someone is truly interested in hiring you they will do a search on your name and these posts will appear becaue it is the one you are using professionally, so they will hurt your rep. You might consider another user name, but one that references back so casual posting don't come up in professional searches.

One other thing about the name. You want people to remember it and not have to look it or your email up to see how its spelled. I checked out that like and I suggest simplifying a bit. I know we are all very partial to the names we are known by, but when it comes to marketing you want it remembered accurately.

Only an open mind and open heart can be filled with life.
Find your voice; silence will not protect you.