View Single Post
(#12 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

09-01-2010, 04:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by essex View Post
yeah... i'm most definitely already here.
wow... some of you are quite defensive, aren't you? i'm asking how to get along here, inside advice. i was trying not to get too specific because i didn't want to exclude any advice anyone might have.

fortunately enough i'm only 5'8", so i don't think finding clothes will be that much of an issue. i've been to uniqlo. that place is pretty cool and reasonably priced from what i saw. more advice on cool clothing stores would be nice, i need to buy shirts.

hopefully i brought a enough deodorant with me from overseas (i'm attached to old spice red zone soft solid) to get me through the time i'm staying here. i don't THINK i'll need any other toiletries from home, but i'm not sure. again, this is a place where someone living here would have more advice.

the costco advice was good. that's probably going to be the biggest thing for me, trying to adjust my diet and survive without western foods. also there's only so much ramen, rice, or pasta with fake red sauce i can eat before i start to lose my mind.
Defensive? I would watch my words if you really want help.

Really, be specific, or you are going to get advice like "do your best!", "make new friends!", "don't be afraid!".

Besides deodorant, I would also make sure you have enough toothpaste w/ fluoride from your home.

I am not sure where you live, but even McDonald's seems to be just about everywhere. I am not saying you need to go every day, but sometimes a cheeseburger and fries is what I need to get me through a rough patch.