View Single Post
(#1 (permalink))
Old
AnnaJapana (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via Skype™ to AnnaJapana
Hosting a japanese exchange student - 09-04-2010, 06:21 PM

So in January or April of next year My family and I will be hosting an exchange student from japan.They will be a female (since i am female). I am doing this because it will help me with scholarships to go to japan and it will help me find a new friend. and and AND its free
Anyway, i would like to know if there is anything i can say or do to make sure they feel at home. And also things i definitely should NOT say or do. The Lady giving us the information told us that Japanese exchange students are the hardest to host because they can be really shy, especially if there is nobody around that speaks there language. Well, i`ve been studying japanese for about one year now. I`m still far from fluent but i can get the job done. Also ive joined this forum to help me with any gramatical problems i have.
I will also probably asking alot of questions later on when the exchange student comes regarding any walls we come across. But for now please assist me with the main question. Thank you.

Im so pumped for this, even though its like 4 months away i like even made blog xD

My Blog:
http://annajapana.wordpress.com/

秋茄子は嫁に食わすな。