(#147 (permalink))
Old
chiuchimu (Offline)
JF Old Timer

09-05-2010, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin4hire View Post
Im not going to be around in this discussion much
I am only going to respond to points addressing X Y and Z from now on. Any mention of farms, culture etc I am going to ignore because it is not relevant.
you are becoming a nationalist because of nationalists in the West.
As if your the only one with relevant points while other views are irrelevant to this issue.

To be honest MissMisa has much more relevant and stronger arguments than you. I just wanted her to know that in the end, it doesn't matter what foreigners think, we will decide for ourselves.

your self-aware argument is the weakest I ever came across for two reasons:
1) you never gave proof. only the opinions of bios scientists. They are the only ones that say whales have a high level of self-awareness. It's not up to me to devise a proof to test self-awareness.

2) There is no consensus that self-awareness is more important than say awareness of surroundings, ability to feel fear, to feel pain , ability to use tools, level of intelligence, etc... Self-awareness as the litmus test defining what we can eat or not eat is purely your opinion and yours alone.

you can have your opinion just as MissMisa can have hers and I can have mine. But it's no more relevant than anyone else opinion and the final right to choose a direction goes to Japan..